A-26/A, First Floor
Pandav Nagar, Delhi - 92
+91-11-2248 6499 P
+91-11-2248 5347 F
ISO / TS 16949:2009 certification is an international standard and "technical specification" containing requirements for establishing and maintaining a quality management system for the design and development, production and installation (when relevant) and service of automobile-related products. The 20 element structure of QS 9000 and ISO / TS 16949 : 1999 is now a thing of past. The 2009 version has adopted the content and structure of ISO 9001 certification : 2008, which promotes a "Process Approach" to develop, implement and improve a quality management system.
Benefits of ISO/TS 16949
- Fosters improved product & process quality.
- Incorporates the best lessons learnt from the global automotive realm.
- Provides additional confidence for global sourcing.
- Ensures a global quality system approach in the supply chain for supplier/subcontractor service consistency.
- Reduces variation, waste & improves the overall efficiency in production levels.
- Eliminates the need for multiple third party registrations.
- Provides a common platform to address worldwide quality system requirements.
- Formatted to allow easy conversion to ISO9001/2008.
- Advantageous to the up gradation of existing quality systems.