A-26/A, First Floor
Pandav Nagar, Delhi - 92
+91-11-2248 6499 P
+91-11-2248 5347 F
The OHSAS 18001 is the international Occupational Health and Safety Management System standard. These standards are applicable to companies of any size, but is especially relevant to companies with a large work force, manual and heavy work tasks, and/or high risk work environments. Targeting the health and safety of employees proves that you are actively working to ensure that your operations are safe both for your employees and the surrounding environment.
The benefits of implementing a systematic and effective OHSAS management system include the following:
- Reducing the number of personnel injuries through prevention and control of workplace hazards.
- Reducing the risk of major accidents.
- Ensuring a well-qualified and enthusiastic workforce by fulfillment of the increasing expectations of your employees.
- Reducing the material loss caused by accidents and in production interruptions.
- Reducing insurance costs as well as reducing costs due to absence of employees.
- Serving the possibility for an integrated management system including quality, environment and health and safety.
- Ensuring that appropriate legislation is addressed and acted upon.
- Meeting the increasing importance of OH&S for public image.
OHSAS 18001 has been developed to be compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 to allow for easy integration. Legislative and regulatory commitment and continual improvement are two important aspects of OHSAS 18001.
The elements of OHSAS 18001 include:
- Policy and commitment.
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and risk controls.
- Legal requirements.
- Objectives and Programs.
- Organization and personnel.
- Training, Communication and Consultation.
- Documentation and records.
- Operational Controls.
- Emergency Readiness.
- Measurement and monitoring.
- Accident & incident investigation, corrective & preventive action.
- Audit & Review.